Purpose: To promote the CAC/NEPA’s mission throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania by spreading our message, engaging new supporters and championing our efforts:
- Awareness of CAC/NEPA services
- Awareness of child abuse issues
- Child Abuse Prevention Education
- Community education spreading our message and supporting our significance, ambassador, representative impact
Composition: The Council is a select group of community ambassadors within the NEPA region who have demonstrated interest and expertise in regional issues, specifically children’s issues.
- Board of Directors Representation – Development Committee
- CAC/NEPA Executive Director
- CAC/NEPA Development Coordinator
- Council Chair(s)
- Committee Members
- One Year Term
- Attend Council Meetings
- Attend Event Committee Meetings
- Committee Leaders (appointed by council chairs)
- Our Community Council is elected on an annual basis. Anyone who is interested in joining the Community Council is required to come to the Annual Community Council Kick-off Meeting, which is held in September. A resume will need to be submitted to the CAC, prior to the Annual Community Council Kick-off Meeting (held in September).
The 2016 Community Council
The CAC/NEPA is very excited to announce our Community Council Members for 2016. The Community Council is comprised of a select group of community ambassadors within the NEPA region who have demonstrated interest and expertise in regional issues, specifically children’s issues. The Community Council members are dedicated to helping support the CAC/NEPA’s mission and promoting child abuse awareness/prevention throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania.
The 2016 Community Council Co-Chairs are Megan Alpert and Maria Sordoni. CAC/NEPA Council Advisors: Susan Cognetti – CAC/NEPA Board of Directors – Development Committee Chair, Mary Ann LaPorta – CAC/NEPA Executive Director, Susan Sordoni MD, Jennifer Aglialoro, and Jess Farrell.